We want you to remain safe, whether you are in a relationship, planning to leave or have already left.
For urgent help:
HOTLINE: 281-342-HELP (4357)
- If you are in immediate danger, please call 911.
- You can use the personalized safety plan below to identify some things that you can do to keep yourself and your family safe, regardless of your current situation.
- Also, be aware that your partner or abuser may be checking your email, your internet usage and your phone.
- Find a safe computer to use outside your home - at the library, shelter, business center or at work.
- Use a safe computer to set up a new email account to make your safety plans and seek help. Keep your password private. Clear your internet history.
- Be aware that text messages and call histories can be checked on your phone.
- Try to use another phone and delete numbers from your phone as soon as the call ends.
- Be careful what you share on social media - it can be shared with almost anyone. Also, your abuser may have access to your social media accounts. For this reason, please do NOT message us using social media and always keep your passwords private.
Your Personalized Safety Plan - Source NCSDV.org