Gifts of Securities
Your stocks, bonds and mutual funds can be of immediate support to our mission. As a tax-exempt organization, we are able to sell your appreciated securities without incurring capital gains tax, while you are able to receive a charitable income tax deduction for the current market value of the securities.
- Avoid paying capital gains tax on the sale of appreciated securities
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction
- Support our families today
How to make your gift:
- By electronic transfer – Please contact us for instructions on how you can transfer your securities directly to us from your brokerage account.
- By certified mail – If you hold securities in certificate form, you will need to mail your unsigned stock certificate(s) in one envelope and a signed stock power for each certificate in a separate envelope. Contact us for a stock transfer form or you can obtain one from your broker or bank. Please send both envelopes by certified mail.
More about gifts of securities:
There are special rules for valuing a stock gift. The value of a charitable gift of stock is determined by taking the mean between the high and low stock price on the date of the gift. Mutual fund shares are valued using the closing price for the fund on the date of the gift.
For More Information:
Leslie Wendland | Chief External Affairs Officer | 281-344-5756 | firstname.lastname@example.org